It’s a long time since I have last posted my blog. And today I am giving some advice to all about How to overcome Depression
- Know that everyone goes through hard times, though many people do not talk about the turmoil and anguish that sometimes goes on in their head. So know you are not alone in feeling down about life, or not liking yourself, or struggling. You are not crazy.
- Know that your difficult situation will pass. Not to say that you will never feel down again. but it will pass. You have to have hope. No matter what.
- Know that you can talk to people. Most people will gladly listen and try to help you in whatever way they can. If you feel like you have no one in your life, maybe a teacher or trusted parent of a friend, a help phone like Kids Help Line or even an online forum may help you feel less alone in your suffering.
- Know that people love you. Whether it is family, friends, teachers, people you’ve only vaguely known, someone out there cares for you.
- Know that you are valuable. You have something to contribute to this crazy world. You will find your place eventually. You are a worthy human being. Just because. You do not need to accomplish anything. You are worthy as is.
Also Read : How to be Healthy even with Junk Food.
- You can have a happy life despite your current struggle. You do not have to struggle forever.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help. We often feel the need to appear as though we’ve all got it figured out, but let me tell you, most people do not. Most people do not really know what they are doing. But it is easy to think otherwise these days with social media, it seems like everyone is living a picture perfect life. It is for the most part a facade. Everyone has a dark side. Talking about yours may allow someone else to feel comfortable to share theirs with you too.
- In extension, do not feel afraid to seek professional help if you need it. It does not mean that you are weak or a “lesser” person because you need help. Talking about feelings and emotions needs to be encouraged. it is normal, our society is slowly catching on to this (too slowly).
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle” and finally remember, “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ― Maya Angelou
We need to be kind to one another, encourage one another, love one another and help one another. I think that is why we are all here. There is always hope and you are needed in this world, in all the ways that make you and only you, unique.
Also read : How to be healthy with junk food .